- 5 medium apples (2.5 tart like granny smith and 2.5 sweet like honey crisp)
- ½ oz lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel apples, quarter, remove cores, and use a paring knife to thinly slice lengthwise.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and top with remaining filling ingredients. Toss to combine. Add to a 8×8 baking dish.
- Rinse and wipe out your mixing bowl and add all topping ingredients. Stir to combine. Pour over apples in an even layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour (uncovered) or until the filling is bubbly, the apples are very fork tender (especially in the center of the dish), and the topping is deep golden brown.
- Let rest at least 30 minutes before serving. This is delicious with coconut whipped cream or vanilla bean coconut ice cream.