Cashew Energy Bites
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life mini-chips)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- Add all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, mix well until a thick dough forms. Combine well.
- After washing your hands, start to make bite size ball shapes using about 2-3 tablespoons of dough per ball.
- Roll the dough between your hands, so they are smooth and stay together.
- Place each ball on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Once all of your dough has been rolled into bites and placed on the cookie sheet, place in the freezer to set.
- Once hardened, you can store them in a Ziplock bag in the freezer and take them out as you wish.
- They will only take 5 minutes to soften, so you can leave them in the freezer for as long as you’d like!
- I typically throw a few of them into a small Ziplock and into my purse as I head out the door.