- 1 1/2 cups Thai rice
- 3 cups water
- 2T olive or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh turmeric root
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-large pot on the stove
- Add in your diced onion and minced garlic and let it cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add in your potatoes, broccoli, and bell pepper and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (aside from the rice and water) and cook for about 20 minutes or until your potatoes are cooked through.
- In a separate pot, or in a rice cooker, combine your 1 ½ cups of rice with 3 cups of water. Cook until the rice has absorbed the water and then take off of the heat and set aside.
- To serve, add about ½ cup of rice to desired bowls. Top with about 1.5 cups of curry and serve immediately.