Apply for Patient Aid
The IgA Nephropathy Foundation has established the IGA NEPHROPATHY FOUNDATION PATIENT AID FUND to assist persons who have been diagnosed* by a physician as having IgA Nephropathy regardless of treatment status. Terms below.
WHO CAN APPLY
Anyone who is a resident of the United States and has been diagnosed by a physician with IgA Nephropathy (via kidney biopsy) regardless of treatment status. You must also be a member of the IgA Nephropathy Foundation.
HOW CAN YOU USE THE GRANT
A diagnosis of IgA Nephropathy may impact you and your family in many ways. You can use this money to pay out-of-pocket medical costs and non-medical costs associated with your treatment, such as (but not limited to) childcare or transportation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT
A letter/short essay to the IgA Nephropathy Foundation leadership answering the following:
- What has your IgA Nephropathy diagnosis meant to you and your family?
- How has IgA Nephropathy impacted your day-to-day life (emotionally, physically, mentally and financially)?
- How could this grant help you/how you will use it?
- How did you find out about the Foundation?
- How and when were you diagnosed?
- What is your current medical diagnosis and treatment?
- Do you understand your diagnosis?
- Are you able to work full time?
- What is the one thing you wish you could get help with in regards to disease/treatment?
- In one word, IgA Nephropathy means ______.
- A Diagnosis Verification Form must be completed by a physician and uploaded to your application. The form must be emailed or faxed directly from your physician’s office. No exceptions. FAX: (732) 681-3462
- Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.